- 1 Trivia
- 2 Галерея
- 3 Nicknames
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Character History
- 6 Personality Profile
- 7 About
- 8 Интересные факты
- 9 История персонажа
- 10 Relationships
J.D.’s college mullet in «My Kingdom»
J.D. eats Turk’s chocolate hand in «My Dream Job»
J.D.’s daydreaming habit includes tipping his head and looking up, as seen in «My Night to Remember»
J.D. has an out-of-body experience in «My Clean Break»
J.D. and Dr. Kevin Casey in «My Porcelain God»
- The name John Dorian is based on John Doris, college friend of creator Bill Lawrence.
- J.D. and Turk attended the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. This is where creator Bill Lawrence went.
- He can’t watch TV and eat at the same time.
- J.D. can’t talk and ride his scooter at the same time.
- J.D. collects scarves.
- J.D. has the ability to communicate telepathically with Turk.
- As seen in various flashbacks, J.D. had a mullet in high school, college, and medical school.
- J.D. carries a monopoly top hat with him for good luck. (My Own Personal Jesus)
- Once almost got married to a gay man who hung out on his Half-acre whilst blind drunk, but then escaped and got arrested for running on to the stage where the Blue Man Group performed whilst painted blue and having glitter dumped all over him.
- J.D. has not yet actually «killed» a patient yet because as in J.D.’s imagination, none of his deceased patients blame him for their death, although they do mention that he «wasn’t a great doctor», and was very nervous, «like a little bird»; this can be viewed that J.D has not forgiven himself for their deaths. In the same dream we learn that flapjacks are not allowed in Heaven and are presumably evil («My First Kill»).
- J.D. was the mascot for his high school girls volleyball team where his costume was a bandanna and half-shirt. On road games he wore spurs even though the team weren’t the cowboys. The costume made him feel pretty («My Last Words»).
- J.D. says he didn’t play sports in high school in «My Last Words», but in «My Jiggly Ball» he says he was a gymnast in high school. However, he stops himself from revealing it to avoid getting insulted by Dr. Cox for it, which ties in with J.D.’s feminine personality.
- In nearly every episode in which a sports-related topic comes up, J.D. is clueless. Yet in «My Blind Date», he has knowledge of baseball tradition. (Although if you look closely at the head of his bed he has a book about baseball there. It’s visible when he hooks up with Elliot during «My Bed Banter & Beyond».) He is also shown going to the batting cages in «My Heavy Meddle.»
- J.D. may be a Democrat («My Number One Doctor»).
- J.D. doesn’t like beer, but in «My Mentor» he goes to Dr. Cox’s apartment with a six-pack of light beer. In My Occurrence, he goes out for a beer at the bar with Dr. Cox and Ben. Also, in «My Lucky Charm» it’s mentioned that J.D. and Turk make their special «party ice» out of beer. In a fourth occurrence, J.D. and Turk approve of Jake, Elliot’s then boyfriend, because he got them another round of beer in My Drive-By.
- J.D. thinks that his beard in Season Eight makes him look like a young Kenny Loggins. («My Jerks»)
- J.D. is wiener cousin to Sean Kelly («My Cuz»)
- J.D.’s 6th grade girlfriend’s name was Olivia.
- J.D.’s high school prom date’s name was Amy.
- J.D.’s right testicle is significantly larger than the left one. («My Transition»)
- Many characters mock and ridicule J.D. for his daydreams, yet it is noted that in the His/Her/Their Story episodes, as well as «My Big Bird» and «My Full Moon», that the other characters have bizarre fantasies as well.
- When Kim and Elliot, are comparing J.D. and Sean Kelly’s skills in bed, Kim state’s that J.D. is better at sex, but Sean is better at foreplay. Elliot disagrees saying J.D. is great at foreplay, he just takes the play part too literally («My Cuz»).
- Unwanted fantasies can be forced on J.D. through suggestion. («My Happy Place»)
- J.D. was once banned from Sacred Heart’s men’s rooms by Dr. Cox. («My Balancing Act»)
- J.D. and Elliot’s daughter was conceived under a Christmas tree, which was not at their home, but still at the lot. («Our White Coats»)
- J.D.’s social security number is revealed by the Janitor, who was looking in J.D.’s personal file to know who made more money (the Janitor did), to be 987-65-4320. The Janitor is then able to trick J.D. into giving him his PIN, 3674. («My Dream Job»)
- J.D. claims that a drunk clown hurt him once. («My Blind Date»)
- J.D. dislikes robots because of one of his fantasies. («My Long Goodbye»)
- In «My Butterfly», J.D. claims that he is a lefty, however J.D. can always be seen throughout the series writing with his right hand, therefore making him right-handed.
- J.D. is afraid of sharks.
Арт с Джозефом Дэниелом О’Тулом
Убийство Джозефа Дэниела О’Тула во время миссии «The Made Man»
Во время первого своего появления
В миссии «The Made Man»
Труп застреленного О’Тула
|Персонажи в Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories|
|Основныеперсонажи||Сальваторе Леоне | Дональд Лав | Массимо Торини | Винченцо Чилли | Джозеф Дэниел «Джей-Ди» О’Тул | Леон Макэффри | Тосико Касен | Мария Латоре | Ма Сиприани | Нед Бёрнер | Поли Синдакко | Джейн Хоппер | Эйт-Болл | Майлз О’Донован | Франко Форелли|
|Персонажимультиплеера||Эд Бэнгер | Ренди Боунер | Лу Брикант | Фил Дегирс | Билл Дурцбум | Робин Эмблайнд | Рико Гарлик | Урод | Эм-Ти Хэд | Хью Джаз | Энн Джоб | Джи-Ай Джонс | Хуан Керр | Офелия Лардас | Люси Ластик | Хун Ло | Арден Лонг | Миссис Меналот | Оуэн Мони | Баста Мувс | Номер 1 | Рик О’Ши | Агент Окр | Офицер ’69’ | Папи Лав | Сэм | Лу Скэннон | Экант Синг | Фей Слифт | Энн Тракс | Лэнс Урвелл | Крус Вормен | Ник Якар | Ямадзаки|
- Full list: J.D.’s nicknames
Carla bestows the nickname «Bambi» upon J.D. in «My First Day»
- «Bambi» was bestowed upon J.D. by Carla Espinosa on his first day at Sacred Heart. («My First Day») She named him Bambi because he was timid and jumpy — like a deer — about being a doctor. He didn’t like it and tried to shake it, but it stuck and ended up becoming a term of endearment, used until his last days at the hospital («My Nickname») («My Finale»).
- Dr. Cox uses a variety of girls names to belittle him.
- Q-tip is what Nurse Laverne Roberts commonly calls J.D. because his hair on his skinny body make him look like a cotton swab.
- Jordan Sullivan pretended to forget J.D.’s initials and called him a variety of other names including D.J. and R.J.. She even called Cox J.D. during sex just to really antagonize him.
- Dr. Cox often calls him Newbie which he bestowed upon him his first day due to him being new and it stuck.
J.D. and Elliot kiss in the Bahamas in «My Soul on Fire, Part 2»
Elliot Reid is J.D’s wife and they have a little girl together. On J.D.’s first day it is revealed that J.D. is extremely attracted to Elliot. However, her excessively competitive attitude prevents them from forming a relationship at this point. Due to his busy work he gets caught «in the friend zone» («My Best Friend’s Mistake»). However, the two begin a romantic relationship months later («My Drug Buddy»). In the following weeks, they realize that they do not work as a couple («My Bed Banter & Beyond»). The two break up, but become friends again with Turk’s involvement («My Heavy Meddle»). However, it is eventually revealed by Jordan that Elliot still harbors feelings for J.D. («My Last Day»). The two continue to harbor feelings for each other that flare up occasionally, sometimes ending up in sex («My Monster») («My Sex Buddy»). When Elliot is dating someone else seriously, J.D. gets extremely jealous («My Fault») and wallows in self-pity. But when she commits to him seriously again, he understands that he wants what he can’t have; and now that he has Elliot he doesn’t want her anymore. After a long period of anger, Elliot and J.D. become good friends again («My Self-Examination») («My Common Enemy»). The two temporarily live together, and when Elliot gets engaged to Keith Dudemeister he realizes their friendship has drifted far from what it was («My Turf War»).
J.D.’s fantasy wedding, from «My Finale»
J.D. struggles with his renewed feelings for Elliot, wondering whether breaking up with her was the worst mistake of his life («My Conventional Wisdom»). After Elliot dumps Keith and Sammy is born, the two nearly share a kiss, but hardly talk about it for several months («My Point of No Return») («My Princess»). After being best friends again for some time, J.D. and Elliot began dating again, when Dr. Kelso notes that they do everything a couple does, except have sex. They talk about their previous mistakes and finally come to the conclusion that it’s actually a good idea to date again («My Happy Place»). Although they promised to not let drama get in the way of their happiness, Elliot needs for J.D. to confess his love for her. He reveals that she is his dream girl, and that he loves her more than he loves Turk («My Soul on Fire, Part 2»).
They married in the roughly eighteen-month time period between J.D.’s departure from Sacred Heart and when he began teaching at Winston University. («Our First Day of School»)
J.D. and Turk sing «Guy Love» in «My Musical»
Christopher Turk(«My Perspective»)(«My Bad Too»)nicknamesRowdy(«My Chief Concern»)
J.D. sneaking in a hug in «My Scrubs»
Perry Cox(«My Mentor»)girl namesSam Dorian(«My Cake»)Cox(«My Fallen Idol»)common enemyJordanJennifer Dylan(«My Long Goodbye»)(«My New Role»)(«Their Story II»)(«My Finale»)Sunny
Janitor welcomes J.D. to his new office in «My Office»
Janitorfirstpenny(«My First Day»)pranks(«My Way or the Highway») («My Cake»)(«My Own Personal Hell»)
Carla tells «Bambi» goodbye in «My Finale»
Carla Espinosafirst year(«My Nickname»)Turk(«My Moment of Un-Truth»)(«My Nickname»)(«My Finale»)
J.D. with Kim as she gives birth to their son in «My Hard Labor»
Kim Briggschildfifth(«My Urologist»)(«My Road to Nowhere»)(«My Conventional Wisdom»)(«My Rabbit») («My Point of No Return»)Sammy(«My Hard Labor»)
J.D. and Lucy on WU’s quad in «Our Mysteries»
Lucy BennettWinston Universitydaydreaming(«Our Role Models»)
- See Category:J.D.’s Romantic Partners for a comprehensive list.
Even though he is very goofy and emotionally bizarre, J.D. is still human and longs for love and companionship. He has had many romantic involvements over his years at Sacred Heart, and most of them seem to end because he is afraid of commitment or the person he was into didn’t turn out to be who he thought they were at all. Besides Elliot and Kim, J.D. has been involved with Jordan, Alex Hanson, Molly and Lisa, all employees of Sacred Heart. He has also been involved with patients and their family members, such as Jamie Moyer, Danni, and Neena. He uses his position as a doctor to attract those outside of the hospital as well, such as he did with Kylie. J.D. has also been on blind dates, such as with Julie Quinn.
- See detailed history: J.D. in Season One • Two • Three • Four • Five • Six • Seven • Eight • Nine
J.D. in his first year.
During his first year at Sacred Heart, J.D. initially struggled to find his footing, but eventually got a hold of it and became comfortable with medicine. He found the most difficult thing around the hospital, however, was the politics and drama surrounding his co-workers. He and Elliot had an unsuccessful fling while his best friend Turk found his soulmate Carla. He also forced Dr. Cox to become his reluctant mentor and encountered the villainous Janitor. (Season One)
During his second year at the hospital, and his first year as a resident, J.D. faced more challenges as a doctor, including how to balance a real life and the rigorous schedule of being a doctor. (Season Two) In his third year, J.D. struggled to manage his feelings for Elliot and eventually spilled the beans, ruining her relationship with Sean. He then decided that he wasn’t in love with her whereupon he quickly dumped her, which only made things harder for him. (Season Three) His fourth year was full of difficulties. He was kicked out of his apartment after Turk and Carla got wed, and was still at odds with Elliot, whom he was forced to work with as they were both named Co-Chief Residents. Plus, he was still meddled with by the Janitor whenever the opportunity arose. (Season Four)
J.D. in his sixth year.
As a first-year attending, J.D. had a crop of interns for which he was responsible. He continued to lean on Dr. Cox and friends for advice. He also met Kim Briggs, a urologist, whom he later found out he had impregnated on the first date even though they never actually slept togethe (Season Five). During his sixth year at Sacred Heart, J.D. felt like a fifth wheel around Turk, Carla, Elliot and Keith. He developed an embarrassing medical symptom, and Kim was offered a job and left town. When he visited her, she told him that she had suffered a miscarriage (Season Six). This turned out to be untrue when J.D. ran into her at a conference and she was visibly pregnant. After getting over the shock, Kim and J.D. decided to give their relationship another shot for their baby. Things got better in his seventh year, highlighted by when he became a father to Sam Perry Gilligan Dorian. Kim left him just as Elliot left Keith, making him free to pursue his dream girl once again (Season Seven). J.D. and Elliot started dating again, this time successfully. J.D. continued to enjoy being a doctor and teaching new interns, but eventually took a job at a hospital closer to his son, leaving Sacred Heart for good (Season Eight).
He and Elliot eventually got married, and he became a visiting professor at Winston University for a semester. (Season Nine)
- Full list: J.D.’s likes and dislikes
J.D. loves unicorns, in «My Best Friend’s Baby’s Baby and My Baby’s Baby»
J.D. enjoys many things: appletinis, pirates, unicorns, cute baby animal imagery. Some of his interests are peculiarly feminine. On the other hand, he strongly dislikes many things, including pennies, robots, water parks, and jiggly ball. He shares stories and anecdotes about things he likes and dislikes with his coworkers, friends, and complete strangers.
He is also a big fan of musical artists including Journey, Billy Ocean, Toto, and the soundtrack of Les Mis. His favorite TV channels and programs are Animal Planet, Candid Camera, Sanford and Son, Grey’s Anatomy, and Lost.
J.D. confidently talking to a patient in «My First Kill»
Dr. John Michael Dorian is the Residency Director at St. Vincent’s Hospital. He claims that the reason he got into medicine was a high school teacher named Mr. Peters. J.D is around 35 years old in season 9. At Sacred Heart Hospital, J.D. was an intern for one year, a resident for three years, and an attending for four years. At Sacred Heart, J.D. has served in various positions and roles, besides practicing internal medicine. He served as Co-Chief Resident with Elliot Reid during his fourth year at Sacred Heart. He also worked as Staff Internist, from the end of his fourth year until his last day. J.D. is characterized as a legitimately good doctor, who honestly cares for his patients. («My Extra Mile») («My Number One Doctor»)
J.D.’s parents are Barbara Dorian (née Hobbs) and the late Sam Dorian. He has one older brother, Dan. His parents expected a girl, and had no name prepared for a boy, so until he was 3, he was called Joanna. Sam and Barbara were divorced when J.D. was about 7 years old, and Barbara has married 6 times since. Sam died during J.D.’s employment at Sacred Heart («My Cake»). Other members of J.D.’s family are Grandma Dorian (Sam’s mother), Nana Hobbs (Barbara’s mother) and Great-Aunt Judy.
Kim gives birth to Sammy in «My Hard Labor».
J.D. is in his mid-30s and is married to long-time love interest Elliot Reid. He previously lived with best friend Christopher Turk during college, med school, and for the first four years at Sacred Heart, and was roommates with Elliot during the fifth and part of the sixth year at the hospital. He has lived in four apartments and on a half-acre he purchased over his eight years at Sacred Heart. For a while, he was in a relationship with Kim Briggs, who gave birth to his son, Sam Perry Gilligan Dorian. After Kim moved away with Sammy, J.D. started to realize how much he loved his son. One weekend at Kim’s apartment, J.D. decided to move so he would be closer to Sammy («My Cuz»). Whilst visiting Kim at her job to drop off Sam, he was offered Residency Director for St. Vincent’s Hospital, which he took. Although his friends were upset by this decision, he felt fulfilling his role of father was the most important thing in his life («My Chief Concern»).
J.D. and friends as Star Wars characters in «My Two Dads»
J.D. has several oddities about him, particularly his daydreams. The daydreams, or fantasies, are usually ignited by conversations he is in. His friends and co-workers know he fantasizes, and have used it on occasion to their advantage. He also narrates his own life in his head. He is extremely sociable, but is physically and socially awkward at times, sometimes saying strange things. He also has a fear of pennies. In his early years at Sacred Heart he drove a Volvo, but it burned on the side of the road whilst Turk was driving it. He then drove a scooter named Sasha until it got gunned down by cops when a criminal hid behind it. J.D. currently drives a Toyota Prius that Dan gave him as a gift.
As a Professor
As a professor, J.D. really wanted his students to like him. He tried very hard to be like the inspirational professors in movies, but none of his students took a personal liking to him when he invited them out for beers. He later took on the role of a mentor with Lucy, as he knows how to defeat Dr. Perry Cox («Our First Day of School»).
- Убийство Джозефа Даниела О’Тула, получившего пулю в затылок в автомобиле, похоже на убийство Пауло Гатто в романе и фильме «Крёстный отец».
- Любимая радиостанция Джей-Ди — это «Flashback FM».
- По какой-то причине Джей-Ди владеет огнестойким Rumpo, который имеет уникальный ванильно-кремовый цвет.
- На персонажа О’Тула также повлиял Генри Хилл из фильма «Славные парни»: оба имеют ирландское происхождение и не смогли вступить в клан из-за этого.
- В миссии Salvatore’s Salvation О’Тул намекает, что его дядя — педофил.
- В скриншоте бета-версии GTA Liberty City Stories видно, что О’Тул носит фиолетовые очки.
Джей-Ди, каким он появляется в скриншоте беты.
- Поскольку он также работает на семью Синдакко, которые постоянно наблюдают за Джей-Ди, которые являются врагами Семьи Леоне, вы не можете проходить его миссии, если вы носите костюм Леоне.
- Жёсткий диск его компьютера осматривал ФБР по крайней мере один раз.
- Фигуру, одетую в ковбойскую шляпу, можно увидеть за спиной О’Тула на его арте в дверях его стрип-клуба, которым, возможно, является Эйвери Кэррингтон.
Джозеф Даниел О’Тул родился в Либерти-Сити, он является членом Семьи Синдакко и менеджер Paulie’s Revue Bar, названный в честь Дона семьи Синдакко Поли Синдакко. Он был арестован в неустановленное время за изнасилование несовершеннолетних, хотя девушке, с которой он спал, было восемнадцать, и изнасилован в тюрьме из-за этого. Он также подозревается ФБР за скачивание детской порнографии, но так и не был арестован за это. О’Тул, имеющий ирландские корни, расстроен с Поли Синдакко, так как он до сих пор не стал полностью принятым членом (made man) из-за не итальянского происхождения. О’Тул начинает работать на семью Леоне и нанимает Тони Сиприани после того, как Сиприани убивает некоторых бандитов Синдакко на строительной площадке в Хепбёрн-Хайтс, что О’Тул снимает, чтобы выпустить позже, как снафф-фильм. Сиприани сначала помогает О’Тулу, ведя его фургон вокруг Квартала красных фонарей, чтобы О’Тул получил долю от своих проституток, а затем сообщает ему, что полиция собирается совершить набег на его клуб, и Сиприани должен спасти Дона Сальваторе Леоне. О’Тул продолжает давать Сиприани информацию, позволяющую Сиприани защитить казино Леоне в Сент-Марке, а затем уничтожить работающее казино Синдакко The Dolls House.
Сиприани начинает работать на Сальваторе Леоне и его жену, Марию Латоре, но опять же работает на О’Тула, во-первых, спасает Сальваторе после того, как он был похищен из Paulie’s Revue Bar, а позднее защищает Сальваторе, когда он лично идет убивать мафиози Синдакко в клубе. О’Тул позже сказал Сиприани следовать за Массимо Торини, высокопоставленным членом сицилийской мафии, который Сальваторе правильно подозревает в планировании чего-то в городе. Сальваторе позже решает сделать О’Тула полностью принятым членом (made man’ом) и просит Сиприани и Микки Хамфистса сопроводить его в Harwood Autocrusher and Junkyard, где О’Тул убит выстрелом в затылок, произведённым Микки Хамфистсом, который объясняет, что O’Тулу нельзя доверять после поворота против семьи Синдакко. Сиприани позже распоряжается его телом, захоронив тело и автомобиль в море.
Bud Dean (Father)
J.D. has a strained relationship with his father. They treat each other more as roommates than they do father and son. Bud is not often able to be there for his son, which gives J.D. the freedom to do what he wants, but also deprives him of the connection he should have with his dad.
J.D. is madly in love with Veronica and considers her the perfect partner to help purge the world of its evil. He manipulates her into helping him kill Kurt and Ram, and lets her believe that it’s her fault that Heather Chandler died. However, after he starts to lose his perceived control of her, J.D. decides it best to kill Veronica. Despite all this, J.D. knows Veronica is a good person, and in the end, tells her that it isn’t too late for her redemption.
С этим читают