- 1 Section 4: Prohibitions and Confidentiality
- 2 Section 6: Brand Features; Attribution
- 3 Section 8: Termination
- 4 Section 1: Account and Registration
- 5 Termination
- 6 User Content
- 7 Paid Services
- 8 Section 5: Content
- 9 Section 7: Miscellanious
- 10 Section 2: Using Our API
- 11 Section 9: Liability for our APIs
- 12 Section 10: General Provisions
- 13 Use of Our Service
- 14 Section 3: Your API Clients
- 15 Signature
Section 4: Prohibitions and Confidentiality
a. API Prohibitions
When using the APIs, you may not (or allow those acting on your behalf to):
- Sublicense an API for use by a third party. Consequently, you will not create an API Client that functions substantially the same as the APIs and offer it for use by third parties.
- Perform an action with the intent of introducing to iLovePDF products and services any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, malware, or any items of a destructive nature.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, or threaten others.
- Interfere with or disrupt the API or the servers or networks providing the APIs.
- Promote or facilitate unlawful online gambling or disruptive commercial messages or advertisements.
- Reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code from any API or any related software, except to the extent that this restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- Use the API for any activities where the use or failure of the API could lead to death, personal injury, or environmental damage (such as the operation of nuclear facilities, air traffic control, or life support systems).
- Remove, obscure, or alter any iLovePDF terms of service or any links to or notices of those terms.
- Use free subscription repeately with multiple accounts to increase monthly file limitations.
b. Confidential Matters
- Developer credentials (such as passwords, keys, and client IDs) are intended to be used by you and identify your API Client. You will keep your credentials confidential and make reasonable efforts to prevent and discourage other API Clients from using your credentials. Developer credentials may not be embedded in open source projects.
- Our communications to you and our API may contain iLovePDF confidential information. iLovePDF confidential information includes any materials, communications, and information that are marked confidential or that would normally be considered confidential under the circumstances. If you receive any such information, then you will not disclose it to any third party without iLovePDF’s prior written consent. iLovePDF confidential information does not include information that you independently developed, that was rightfully given to you by a third party without confidentiality obligation, or that becomes public through no fault of your own. You may disclose iLovePDF confidential information when compelled to do so by law if you provide us reasonable prior notice, unless a court orders that we not receive notice.
Section 6: Brand Features; Attribution
a. Brand Features
«Brand Features» is defined as the trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features of each party. Except where expressly stated, the Terms do not grant either party any right, title, or interest in or to the other party’s Brand Features. All use by you of iLovePDF’s Brand Features (including any goodwill associated therewith) will inure to the benefit of iLovePDF S.L.
You will not make any statement regarding your use of an API which suggests partnership with, sponsorship by, or endorsement by iLovePDF without iLovePDF’s prior written approval.
c. Promotional and Marketing Use
In the course of promoting, marketing, or demonstrating the API you are using, iLovePDF may produce and distribute incidental depictions, including screenshots, video, or other content from your API Client, and may use your company or product name. You grant us all necessary rights for the above purposes.
Section 8: Termination
You may stop using our API at any time with or without notice. Further, if you want to terminate the Terms, you must provide iLovePDF with prior written notice and upon termination, cease your use of the applicable API. iLovePDF reserves the right to terminate the Terms with you or discontinue the API or any portion or feature or your access thereto for any reason and at any time without liability or other obligation to you.
b. Your Obligations Post-Termination
Upon any termination of the Terms or discontinuation of your access to an API, you will immediately stop using the API, cease all use of the iLovePDF Brand Features, and delete any cached or stored content that was permitted by the cache header under Section 5. iLovePDF may independently communicate with any account owner whose account(s) are associated with your API Client and developer credentials to provide notice of the termination of your right to use an API.
Section 1: Account and Registration
a. Accepting the Terms
You may not use the APIs and may not accept the Terms if (a) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with iLovePDF, or (b) you are a person barred from using or receiving the APIs under the applicable laws of the Spain or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the APIs.
b. Entity Level Acceptance
If you are using the API on behalf of an entity, you represent and warrant that you have authority to bind that entity to the Terms and by accepting the Terms, you are doing so on behalf of that entity (and all references to «you» in the Terms refer to that entity).
In order to access to our API you will be required to provide certain information (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process for the API, or as part of your billing information. Any registration information you give to iLovePDF will always be accurate and up to date and you’ll inform us promptly of any updates.
iLovePDF will be capable of unilaterally and, at any point, resolving the current Contract in the following cases. a) In the event that the User breaches any of the obligations and guarantees established in this Agreement. b) If intellectual property rights or any other third-party rights are infringed upon. c) If User fails to make the timely payment of fees for the Software or the Services. d) If we are required to do so by law (for example, if providing software to a specific region becomes unlawful) e) If we choose to discontinue the Services or Software, in whole or in part, (such as if it becomes impractical for us to provide Service or our website becomes censored in a region).
iLovePDF does not analyse the content of files whilst processing them and only Users will have access to the edited files once iLovePDF has processed them. If chosen by the user, this link can be shared with someone else. iLovePDF will automatically delete processed files from their servers after a defined period of time depending on the tool used:
|Merge PDF||2 hours|
|Split PDF||2 hours|
|Remove Pages||2 hours|
|Extract Pages||2 hours|
|Organize PDF||2 hours|
|Compress PDF||2 hours|
|Repair PDF||2 hours|
|Word to PDF||2 hours|
|Excel to PDF||2 hours|
|PowerPoint to PDF||2 hours|
|JPG to PDF||2 hours|
|HTML to PDF||2 hours|
|PDF to Word||2 hours|
|PDF to Excel||2 hours|
|PDF to PowerPoint||2 hours|
|PDF to JPG||2 hours|
|PDF to PDF/A||2 hours|
|Rotate PDF||2 hours|
|Page Numbers||2 hours|
|Unlock PDF||2 hours|
|Protect PDF||2 hours|
|Sign PDF||Us required by law*|
* Certified signatures and signature requests will be saved for as long as required by law, whilst simple signatures will be deleted automatically after 1 month.
Users bear the sole responsibility for the usage of their own files.
iLovePDF is limited to offer users access to their own processed files. These files will only remain stored on our servers during the time that the download link is available.
3.2 Content manipulation
iLovePDF provides all the necessary information to assist the user in processing files, and only the User is responsible for contacting iLovePDF in case of technical problems. iLovePDF is highly concerned about file security, thus its servers have limited access, are secured and strategically placed. User will be able to modify his User type or cancel his account at any time, by means of the contact form.
3.3 Responsibility for the content of the files
iLovePDF does not analyze the content of processed files and thus is not responsible for its tools misuse nor copyright infringements which may affect third- parties. The User will be responsible before iLovePDF of any penalty, sanction, and/or fine which the courts or other competent authorities could issue against iLovePDF for noncompliance with any part of this Agreement.
5.1 Billing Policies
Becoming Premium is only possible by paid subscription. Subscriptions start when first payment is made. These are recurring billing transactions. Unless otherwise stated, your subscription and the relevant billing authorization will continue indefinitely until canceled by you. By paid subscription, you authorize us to bill you for the service purchased at the acquisition Price. The billing rate is subject to change during the subscription period. However, existent Premium users would pay the same amount that the billing rate subscribed. Payment will be charged to your payment method until you cancel your subscription unless stated otherwise. Your service will be billed each period based on the acquisition date and cost. You may cancel your subscription at any time, but the cancellation will not become effective until the end of the current billing period. You will not receive a refund for the current billing period. Any unused portion of a free Premium trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription. We reserve the right to issue refunds or at our sole discretion. If we issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future.
You may cancel your Premium account at any time; however, there are no refunds for cancellation. In the event that iLovePDF suspends or terminates your account or this Agreement, you understand and agree that you shall receive no refund or exchange for any credits, any unused time on a subscription and any license or subscription fees for any portion of the Service.
Section 5: Content
a. Content Accessible Through our API
Our API contain some third party content (such as text, images or software). This content is the sole responsibility of the person that makes it available. We may sometimes review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies or the Terms, and we may remove or refuse to display content. Finally, content accessible through our API may be subject to intellectual property rights, and, if so, you may not use it unless you are licensed to do so by the owner of that content or are otherwise permitted by law. Your access to the content provided by the API may be restricted, limited, or filtered in accordance with applicable law, regulation, and policy.
b. Submission of Content
Some of our APIs allow the submission of content. iLovePDF does not acquire any ownership of any intellectual property rights in the content that you submit to our APIs through your API Client, except as expressly provided in the Terms. iLovePDF won’t access to any file submitted to our servers with the intention to store it’s content. All files will be accessed solely to be processed by iLovePDF API and they will be deleted from servers past the limited contracted storage time by our Clients time as said in API documentation, with a maximum time of 48 hours.
iLovePDF does not enter into analysis of the content of files and in consequence neither responds to the ill use of its tools nor against copyright violations which may affect third-parties. The User will be responsible before iLovePDF of any penalty, sanction, and/or fine which the courts or other competent bodies bring against iLovePDF as a consequence of the noncompliance to this Clause on the part of the Users.
Before you submit content to our API through your API Client, you will ensure that you have the necessary rights (including the necessary rights from your end users) to grant us the license.
c. Retrieval of content
When a user’s non-public content is obtained through the APIs, you may not expose that content to other users or to third parties without explicit opt-in consent from that user.
d. Prohibitions on Content
Unless expressly permitted by the content owner or by applicable law, you will not, and will not permit your end users or others acting on your behalf to, do the following with content returned from the APIs:
- Scrape, build databases, or otherwise create permanent copies of such content, or keep cached copies longer than permitted by the cache header;
- Copy, translate, modify, create a derivative work of, sell, lease, lend, convey, distribute, publicly display, or sublicense to any third party;
- Misrepresent the source or ownership; or
- Remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices; or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal notices, or other labels of the origin or source of material.
Section 7: Miscellanious
The User will not be able to cede, subrogate, or transmit the rights contained in the current Contract to third-parties without the previous written consent of iLovePDF.
The offense or delay in the exercise of any right or in the demand for the completion of any of the obligations arising from this Contract will not constitute a renunciation of that right or demand for the completion of the obligation, nor the renunciation of any other rights or demands for the completion of obligations.
If any of the clauses of the present Contract might become null due to contravention of the applicable legislation, said clause will be assumed not to be in effect, but will not affect the rest of the Contract, which will be assumed to be in full effectivity and validity between the parties.
Section 2: Using Our API
a. Your End Users
You will require your end users to comply with (and not knowingly enable them to violate) applicable law, regulation, and the Terms.
b. Compliance with Law, Third Party Rights, and Other iLovePDF Terms of Service
You will comply with all applicable law, regulation, and third party rights (including without limitation laws regarding the import or export of data or software, privacy, and local laws). You will not use the API to encourage or promote illegal activity or violation of third party rights. You will not violate any other terms of service with iLovePDF.
c. Permitted Access
You will only access (or attempt to access) an API by the means described in the documentation of that API. If we assign you developer credentials (e.g. client IDs), you must use them with the applicable API. You will not misrepresent or mask either your identity or your API Client’s identity when using the APIs or developer accounts.
e. Open Source Software
Some of the software required by or included in our API may be offered under an open source license as it is with our API libraries. Open source software licenses constitute separate written agreements. To the limited extent the open source software license expressly supersedes the Terms, the open source license instead sets forth your agreement with iLovePDF for the applicable open source software.
f. Communication with iLovePDF
We may send you certain communications in connection with your use of the APIs. Please review the applicable API documentation for information about opting out of certain types of communication.
If you provide feedback or suggestions about our APIs, then we (and those we allow) may use such information without obligation to you.
The Terms are non-exclusive. You acknowledge that iLovePDF may develop products or services that may compete with the API Clients or any other products or services.
Section 9: Liability for our APIs
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THE TERMS, ILOVEPDF DON’T MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE API. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT ACCESSED THROUGH THE API, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE APIS, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE API «AS IS».
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR IN THE TERMS, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND UNDERTAKINGS.
a. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, ILOVEPDF, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA; FINANCIAL LOSSES; OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF ILOVEPDF, FOR ANY CLAIM UNDER THE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE APPLICABLE API (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE API AGAIN) DURING THE SIX MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY. IN ALL CASES, ILOVEPDF, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY EXPENSE, LOSS, OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, if you are a business, you will defend and indemnify iLovePDF, and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and users, against all liabilities, damages, losses, costs, fees (including legal fees), and expenses relating to any allegation or third-party legal proceeding to the extent arising from:
- your misuse or your end user’s misuse of the APIs;
- your violation or your end user’s violation of the Terms; or
- any content or data routed into or used with the API by you, those acting on your behalf, or your end users.
Section 10: General Provisions
We may modify the Terms or any portion to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our API. You should look at the Terms regularly. We’ll post notice of modifications to the Terms within the documentation of each applicable API and/or to this website. Changes will not apply retroactively and changes addressing new functions for the API or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified Terms for an API, you should discontinue your use of that API. Your continued use of the API constitutes your acceptance of the modified Terms.
b. Validity of this Terms
In case of complaints and claims stemming from the current Contract, or to request information about the Service, the User will be able to enter into contact with iLovePDF through the online form.
Use of Our Service
- To have read and understood what is explained here.
- To have assumed all of the obligations that are stated here.
- To use the service solely for purposes permitted by law and which do not violate the rights of a third-party.
- To not use this website for any unlawful activity. You are prohibited to break any term and condition to not generate content dedicated to creating SPAM or which could provide instructions about how to engage in illegal activities.
- To not gather, handle, or store personal information about other Users or third-parties without complying with the current legislation regarding the protection of information.
Failure to comply with these obligations may result in the cancellation of the Contract, as is established in Clause 9.
1.2 Service Rules
Your use of the Service and iLovePDF Desktop is subject to this Reasonable Use Policy, which has been created to ensure that our service is fair for both users and developers.
The following is not permitted in connection with iLovePDF Services and Desktop App:
- using any automated or non-automated scraping process (including bots, scrapers, and spiders) in conjunction with iLovePDF Desktop;
- converting or otherwise editing documents with iLovePDF Desktop at a rate that exceeds what a human can reasonably do by using manual means and a conventional device;
- providing your password to any other person or using any other persons username and password to access iLovePDF Desktop;
- abusing iLovePDF Desktop in excess of what is reasonably needed or required for legitimate business or personal purposes. iLovePDF may investigate any account that registers over 1000 tasks in a month to determine compliance with this requirement.
Section 3: Your API Clients
a. API Clients and Monitoring
The API is designed to help you enhance your websites and applications («API Client(s)»). YOU AGREE THAT iLovePDF MAY MONITOR USE OF THE APIS TO ENSURE QUALITY, IMPROVE iLovePDF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, AND VERIFY YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH THE TERMS. This monitoring may include iLovePDF accessing and using your API Client, for example to identify security issues that could affect iLovePDF or its users. You will not interfere with this monitoring. iLovePDF may use any technical means to overcome such interference. iLovePDF may suspend access to the API by you or your API Client without notice if we reasonably believe that you are in violation of the Terms.
You will use commercially reasonable efforts to protect user information collected by your API Client, including personally identifiable information («PII»), from unauthorized access or use and will promptly report to your users any unauthorized access or use of such information to the extent required by applicable law.
iLovePDF does not acquire ownership in your API Clients, and by using our API, you do not acquire ownership of any rights in our API or the content that is accessed through our API.
d. User Privacy and API Clients
4.1 How it works
All documents containing certified signatures are stored in iLovePDF servers for safekeeping for procurement purposes.
Please note that once the signature process is complete, it is you who have the sole authority to safeguard the document/s.
4.2 Legal Guarantees
iLovePDF strives to make sure that it’s services comply with the requirements of the U.S. Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act of 2000 (ESIGN), the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA), and the European Union eIDAS (EU No.910/2014).
iLovePDF provides a detailed audit trail, certified signatures, timestamps, and signature biometric tracing which are held into account in legal proceedings around the world.
iLovePDF is at disposition to provide the certified document as well as audit trail if required by a court of law, yet exempts itself from prosecution if the document is not upheld or found lacking.
С этим читают